Bi-Directional Ampliﬁers (BDA)
Reliable In-Building Public Safety Radio Coverage to Safeguard Emergency Responses
Is your building prepared to protect the people who protect you during an emergency event?
Emergency Radio Communication Enhancement Systems (ERCES) were f rst
introduced in the 2009 International Building Code. The ERCES requirement was
established to address the performance of emergency responders’ portable radios
inside buildings because building construction, building size, construction
features, and other elements can absorb or block radio communications.
If a building does not meet the required signal strength (-95dBm), the only effective
solution is the installation of a signal booster (BDA).
Today’s codes, like the IBC 2015 Section 916, IFC 2018 Section 510, NFPA 72
2010, NFPA 1221 2016, and UL2524, require all buildings to have approved radio
coverage for emergency responders within the building based on the existing
coverage levels of the public safety communication systems of the jurisdiction at
the exterior of the building.
Why is Honeywell’s Farenhyt Series BDA unique?
The Farenhyt Series Class B BDA is a high-gain, high-power, band-selective signal booster/Bi-Directional Amplifer that has been specifcally designed from the ground up for In-building 2-Way Emergency Radio Communication Enhancement Systems, and NFPA and IBC/IFC standards compliance, to be the best choice for public safety and other mission-critical applications.
- Single portfolio suits any application across the U.S. with all Public Safety frequency bands supported; various modelsavailable for UHF, VHF, 700 MHz FirstNet™, 800 MHz, and multi-band
- All-inclusive and fully-integrated BDA with UL2524 1st Edition for In-building 2-Way Emergency Radio Communication Enhancement Systems listing, NFPA 72, 2010 Edition, NFPA 1221 2016 Edition, and IFC 2018 compliance
- Integrated dual power supply and battery charger with intelligent battery monitoring to cut costs
- Wider bandpass allows the use of a single BDA to cover multiple sub-bands
- Built-in Farenhyt Addressable Monitor Modules save wiring and installation costs
- Supervised SD card on-board for event logging provides audit and troubleshooting support
- Modular design for easier troubleshooting and feld component replacement